Sunday, February 1, 2009


Caedmon and I had a good day kinda. It started out poorly and I was having trouble getting out of bed due to queasiness. I did not want to wear any of my clothes because they bothered me. It was one of those days. I threw on Rick's Conduct Happiness shirt (see the p is for penguin)- the one that says Broccoli gives me gas and has a little broccoli dressed up as a gas station attendant-and took Caedmon to the park at about noon. We were there for an hour and I was feeling yucky. as we were headed home, I realized it was Super Bowl Sunday. I was missing my friends and bean dip and taco salad and chips. Ahh, glorious chips! Then I saw I had a message on my answering machine. It was my friend Stephanie inviting me to Super Bowl Sunday at her house. I was able to go and hang out and Caedmon got to play with his friend T. Which was great because I did not really play with him at all today. I am frustrated with myself for this lately. I am sick but still I need to make sure he knows I care about his interests and that I love to play with him. I have had a lackluster attitude the past few days. Grrr! Tomorrow will be better.
Super Bowl was fun to watch but some of the commercials were stupid and inappropriate for kids. Thank goodness Caedmon didn't really watch the game. I think my favorite has to be the Mr. Potato one. Here is a link so you can watch it:
http://www.mahalo.com/Bridgestone_Potato_Head_Super_Bowl_Ad
The day ended well. Caedmon came home and had a sandwich and watched his favorite movie The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything. The only thing that could have made this day end even better would have been an email from Rick. But alas none for 3 days. Boo!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

I'm so glad you ended up getting a Super Bowl party! I'm sorry about no email from Rick-it's starting wear on me a bit on my end as well. Maybe today will be the day!