Sunday, January 4, 2009

Remorseful


I have realized that I am gossiping about my son. I know that when I write on my blog that most of what I write is between friends and family. However, there is a part of me that thinks if Caedmon were older and knew what I had written earlier today about him, his heart would be hurt at the betrayal of his confidences. I am embarassed to admit that sometimes I can see my son is afraid to tell me something when he makes a poor choice. I do not want to see fear in his eyes when he looks at me. I know that telling the truth is scary and that we ask him to do so, yet to see him before me, afraid to talk to me...it makes me cry and I am very upset at myself for my behavior today. So to all who notice a slight change to the blog post from earlier, know that I do it for my son and I pray that I can hold my tongue on paper as well as when I speak. Thanks.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

The painful part about being a mommy is that our humanity creeps in. You've done what you can do, and I hope you will release yourself from any guilt now.