Wednesday, November 5, 2008



So I have had a day filled with emotional highs and lows and have felt that I am in need of a boost. I have a Myspace account and one of my friends had this picture as a bulletin with this scripture: Mt 6:24 “No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other..." Mt 6:24

While this is intended for the discussion of how important money is in your life, the idea is applicable to all areas of our lives. What do we put forth as a master of our time over that of being with God? There are a few things on my list that God has revealed to me recently and I am starting to deal with them ( baby steps, Amber, baby steps ). But the most amazing thing about all this turmoil going on inside of me is that while this is going on, my heart is just so at peace that God is in control.
We may not have the president we voted for but we have a president. We may not be happy with the results but we were able to vote on the issues. I am so thankful that I live in a country where I can disagree respectfully with other people. I am thankful for the friends God has given me and for their passionate hearts!

2 comments:

Nick said...

Don't forget, Amber...who you are today is not who you were when you got to San Diego. Hawaii has all those promises for you and so much more! Continue to work it out in yourself with the Lord. I'm SO PROUD of you!

Alicia said...

I've tagged you for a blog award!